January is a notoriously ‘sad’ month and we could all use some more joy in our lives. We’re experiencing the comedown after Christmas and New Year. Money tends to be tighter this month, especially in my case as it’s my first month without pay in my search for a new job.
There’s conflict taking place all over the world. In the UK there’s still a huge amount of uncertainty surrounding Brexit and what comes next. Tomorrow, Donald Trump will be sworn in as the President of the United States of America, and I am still kind of waiting for someone to come out and say it’s one big hoax. I for one am extremely sad to see the end of Obama’s term in office.
January is a month when we could all do with a pick me up of some sorts. So here are some ways to spread some joy…
- Give a sincere compliment
- Hold a door open for a bit longer than you usually would
- Share some tasty home bakes with your work colleagues
- Do someone a favour
- Take your parents out for dinner
- Buy a coffee for the person behind you in the queue
- Send someone you don’t speak to that often a message and catch up
- Buy flowers for someone who deserves them
- Speak to the person serving you in a shop
- Leave a thank you note with your tip in a restaurant
What is your favourite way to make someone smile?